The updates are essential as we fix bugs, provide new features and improvements and make the theme compatible with newer WordPress versions.
Remember to make a backup, just in case anything goes wrong or you've made a mistake during the update process.
It is very important prior to update to make sure you are running a compatible with the theme WordPress version. If you are running plugins that do not come and are not supported by the theme make sure that they are compatible with the WordPress version you are about to install.
There are two ways to update your theme but WE ONLY RECOMMEND AUTOMATIC UPDATES. Updating using ftp is only for advanced users and you cannot update the plugins that are bundled with the theme like - Layered Slider which means that the theme may not work properly due to incompatibility of the new theme version and the old plugins.
go to your admin panel - General Settings - the Purchase tab and fill
in the three field and click on "save changes" - see screenshot below.
these fields allows us to implement automatic updates for your Vamtam
Your theme options and content will not be affected by the update.
Please note that any modifications made to the theme files will be overwritten after an automatic update, if you haven't used a child theme.
Please note that if you change the theme folder name, the automatic update feature will stop function.
Once, your Envato user name, API key code and purchase code are filled in, you can go to the next step. Here is a guide about Where to get your Envato User Name, API Key Code and Purchase Code from?
To update the theme please go to updates in your main WP navigation menu and you will see the new theme version. Update.
Now go back to General Settings and click the "Save changes" button to update the CSS styles
After updating the theme go again to updates in your main WP navigation menu and update all plugins that needs to be updated.
See the screenshot below:
After you update the theme and plugins, navigate to Theme Option Panel - General Settings and click the "Save changes" button to update the CSS styles.
1. Make sure you are running a compatible with the theme WordPress version. The latest WordPress version is not always compatible with the theme, because the theme update comes some time after the WordPress update has been released.
You can check which is the compatible WordPress versions in the theme's presentation page on Themeforest. If in doubt you can ask the Support Team.
2. Make sure that all plugins you are running are compatible with the theme version and the WordPress version.
3. Click on "Save Changes" button anywhere in the theme option panel in order to re-generate the CSS.
4. The bundled plugins cannot be updated using FTP, in case you've chosen this way, now you have to switch to automatic update in order to update the plugins that come bundled with the theme.
5 If you use this theme on a network installation of WordPress (formerly called Multisite), you will need to click the "Save changes" button in each website's admin panel, in addition to the main network site. This will clear and regenerate any caches used by the theme, as such caches may be different for the different sites.
6. Please note that if you change the theme folder name, the automatic update feature will stop function.