The theme fully supports Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro versions.
If you don't need the Events Calendar plugin simply don't install it and all the features, codes and anything required for the Event Calendar will not be loaded. Vice versa, if you need to set up the Events Calendar just install it like you do with other plugins. Once installed and activated, the Events Calendar menu will be added in the WordPress main navigation menu on the left.
Some of the functionality you see on the demo website is only supported by the Event Calendar pro, the Filter Bar and the Community Events paid add-ons.
Here is detailed info what these add ons include in addition to the free Event Calendar version:
The sample events from demo website are not included in the general demo content import. In case you need the sample events from the demo website - please open a ticket at our Help Desk - support.vamtam.com.
Setting up an Event
- Please navigate to Events => Add New
- Choose the category, tags or event options from the panels on the right hand side.
- Set the Event details like - date, address etc.
- Set the Excerpt (optional setting), This text is shown in the listing views.
- You can use the drag and drop editor in case you need complex layout or particular functionality.
- Set the featured image (optional)
- You can also change the layout of the event post from the VamTam options below the editor.
Adding Events to the menu
- Please navigate to Events => Settings
- In the middle of the page find the "Events URL slug" field
- Copy your current events URL
5. Add to menu the custom link with your current events URL
6. Save menu
There is a short cut to locate your calendar - please navigate to the Wordpress header menu => Events => View Calendar