We've added Sermons post type to make it easy for you to manage your sermons.
Once Church and Event theme is installed and activated, Sermons post menu will be added in the WordPress main navigation menu on the left.
Creating a Sermons Listing Page
Please do the following to create a Sermons Listing Page:
Please navigate to Dashboard > Pages > Add New
- In the VamTam Drag & Drop Page Builder click on the "Sermons" button.
- Once the element is added, click on the edit button in its right side. The option panel will open up, choose your setting and click on "Save Element" button.
Sermon item is a single entity of your Sermons collections. It may include a video, an audio, a document or a link.
- Go to Dashboard > Sermons > Add New.
- In the editor you can place description or use the drag and drop editor for complex layouts.
- Attach the post to a category/ies. They are found on the right hand side.
- Set featured image of the sermon. The Featured image box is on the right hand side.
- You can change the layout of the sermon post from the VamTam options below the editor.
- Sermon's order - the plugin sorts sermons posts by date so that the most recent submission appears first. If you want to change their order, please follow the steps: 1)Log in to your WordPress account and click the "Sermons" link on the left-hand side of the page; 2)Hover the mouse over the post title that you want to modify and click the "Quick Edit" link that displays; 3)Enter the desired date next to the "Date" entry that appears and click the "Save" button. The more recent the date, the higher up your sermon displays on your Sermons listing page. Repeat this process on other posts to change the sermon order as desired; 4)Hit Update to save your changes.
- Publish the sermon
Video - Put the url of the video below. You must use an oEmbed provider supported by WordPress or a file supported by the [video] shortcode which comes with WordPress. Vimeo and Youtube are supported.
Audio - Put the url of the audio below. You must use an oEmbed provider supported by WordPress or a file supported by the [audio] shortcode which comes with WordPress. Vimeo and Youtube are supported.
Document - Put the url of the document in the field Link
Link - Use the standard Featured Image option for the sermon image. Use the editor below for your content. Put the link in the option below if you want the image in the sermon listing to lead to a particular link. If you leave the link field blank, clicking on the image in the sermon listing page will open up the sermon post.
Please note: If you aren't able to see this section, please go to the Screen options and tick the Author options (as shown on the screenshot above)
In case you need to add new author, please go do Dashboard > Users > Add new:
Creating an RSS Sermon Feed
You can find the sermons feed here: http://your-sitename.com/feed/?post_type=wpv_sermon