Thank you for purchasing our theme. Before you get started, please be sure to always check out this setup guide and the relevant "How to Guides". We outline all kinds of good information and provide you with all the details you need to use the theme.
If you are unable to find your answer here in our documentation, we encourage you to search our Knowledgebase, watch the beginners Video Tutorials, and also perform a search for your answer. Chances are your question or issue have been brought up already and the answer is waiting to be found. If you are unable to find it anywhere, then please check out the guide "How to get theme support". Thank you, we hope you enjoy using the theme!
Table of content
The theme is one of the best documented on Themeforest, it comes with :
- 100 + help articles written by us
- 23 Meticulously-scripted and professionally-produced HD video tutorials for beginners
Extensive setup guide.
- In-Dashboard Contextual Help. Тhere are little helpers everywhere in the interface, that let you retrieve quick information about the particular fields you are currently viewing.
- The theme utilises standards for any WordPress theme sold on Themeforest functionality - Revolution Slider, Drag and Drop builder based on Visual Composer and Theme Options panel based on Option Tree and any user with prior experience with ThemeForest themes will feel pretty comfortable with this theme.
Hi, we are VamTam Creative Design Agency specialising in Premium WordPress Themes. We are passionate about good design and strive for perfection in all the work we do.
If you are new to WordPress and this is your first site using this platform it is a good idea to learn WordPress prior to working with the theme. We have 23 meticulously scripted and professionally-produced HD video tutorials for beginners that will help you to get familiar with WordPress
Please note that you have to be logged in to our Help Desk in order to see the video guides.
Help us out!
We continually work on our documentation, so please let us know if you have any issues!
If you are feeling that our documentation has errors or can be improved, please contact us.
Any contribution is much appreciated.
Please be advised, in order to use the theme in a legal manner, you need to purchase a separate license for each domain you are going to use the theme on. A single license is limited to a single domain/application. For more information please refer to the license included with the theme or Licensing Terms on the ThemeForest site.
Hosting and Domains
Our themes require that you have WordPress installed and running on a web hosting account. We recommend you use a host trusted by WordPress that has quality products and services. Many users ask us who we recommend and we think Bluehost is one of the best solutions out there
Installation and Updates
LaFeminite - Lifestyle Fashion Blog has been tested on all major browsers and the latest version of WordPress. We have gone through the setup process multiple times and provided the best possible instructions.
Requirements for LaFeminite - Lifestyle Fashion Blog
To use LaFeminite - Lifestyle Fashion Blog, you must be running WordPress 5.4 or higher. Below is a list of items you should ensure your host can comply with.
- Check to ensure that your web host has the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Always make sure you are running the latest version of WordPress
- You can download the latest release of WordPress from the official WordPress website
- Always create secure passwords FTP and Database
Install & Activate VamTam Theme
You may check our in-depth installation tutorial or follow the instruction below:
1. Download the "Installable WordPress file only" from your ThemeForest Account - "Downloads" tab.
2. Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel.
3. Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
4. Select the "Install Themes" tab and select Upload.
5. Browse your computer to select the "theme name".zip file you've just downloaded.
6. Click Install Now and WordPress will work its magic and install the theme.
7. Activate the theme
8. Follow the steps to register the theme, install the recommended plugins and download the demo content
Live Demo Content. How does it Help Me?
Please note that you must install the required plugins prior to importing the dummy content.
This is a great feature that helps novice WordPress users and veterans alike. This feature makes the necessary settings/configurations and installs demo content in the WordPress theme: categories, pages, posts, and widgets.
Your VamTam theme will look exactly like the one you see in our live preview. It doesn't matter if you know WordPress inside out or seen it for the first time, it's always easier to modify posts, categories, pages and widgets that are already there rather than creating them from scratch. Moreover, it is easier to understand how your new VamTam theme works.
Our Demo Content is a tremendous feature that will save you a lot of frustration and headache at the press of a button. Try it out. We promise you won't be disappointed.
On rare occasions, our themes may not be installed properly. If you have any issues with installing the theme, you might want to first check the Common Installation Issues Guide
If you need to update a theme to a newer version, check this guide: Update Guide
Elementor Site Settings
What are the Elementor Site Settings?
Each Elementor option that can be applied across your site is a part of the Site Settings which are centrally located within the Elementor Editor.
How do I access Elementor Site Settings?
Simply “Edit with Elementor” any page or post, click the hamburger menu icon in the upper left corner of the Elementor Widget Panel and click on Site Settings. Here you have options to control the Design System which consists of Global Colors and Global Fonts, Theme Builder which consists of Typography, Buttons, Images, and Form Fields settings, and User Preferences, which consists of Site Identity, Background, Layout, Lightbox, and Custom CSS settings.
- Set predefined global colors (Primary, Secondary, Text, and Accent colors), inline custom colors, or create new global colors for use across your site.
See Global Colors for full details.
- Set and edit predefined global typography styles (Primary, Secondary, Text, and Accent) or create new global text styles for use across your site.
See Global Fonts for full details.
- Theme Style settings are global settings that allow you to set default styling options for various elements, such as Backgrounds, Headings, Buttons, Images, and Form Fields. These settings override the theme styling settings and take their place, allowing you to use Elementor to set styles for elements not built by Elementor. By default, this will apply styles only to non-Elementor elements, for example, WooCommerce checkout fields, Contact Form 7 labels, 3rd-party headings and much more. If you prefer, you can force these Theme Style settings to also apply to Elementor-built elements as well.
See Elementor's Theme Style Global Settings for full details.
You can edit the global theme fonts and colours here:
Styling of Elements
You can edit the section and the element styles:
Most of the design elements are attached to the accent colours below. You can easily create your own skin by changing these colours:
1. Click the "Style and settings configuration menu"
2. Go to Theme Styles > Edit the global font settings:
3. Edit the element font settings
Control your site’s identity, including its Site Name, Site Description, Logo, and Favicon right from Elementor’s Global Settings. Set the site's background and its mobile background as well. Control global layout settings, such as default generic fonts, site content width, default widget spacing, default page layout template, and more. Manage the Elementor Lightbox options, which opens images, galleries, carousels, and videos in a 100% mobile responsive lightbox popup window. Edit your site's Custom CSS right from the Elementor settings.
- Layout - the layout could be customized globally and locally.
1. Control global layout settings from Elementor’s Site Settings:
2. The single-page layout can be easily customized to match your design using the powerful Elementor builder:
See Page Layout for full details.
See also Guide to Vamtam Elementor Builder
- Using Custom CSS - There is a limit to what the theme options can do. When you are trying to customize colours, text, margins, padding, control an element's size, etc., options aren't always the best solution. The preferred way to do it is with your own CSS
- Navigate to Customize > Additional CSS
- Insert your custom CSS code into the "Aditional CSS" area.
- Press the Publish button.
- Theme Builder settings are global settings that allow you to set default styling options for various HTML elements, such as Backgrounds, Headings, Buttons, Images, and Form Fields. They are not Elementor-specific but are as general as possible. This is the baseline setting for the site, which comes into play only as a fallback if no specific element definitions were set.
See Elementor's Theme Builder for full details.
- Styling the Header
Please check this guide for styling the header area - including the logo and navigation sections, the cart icon, the Free Trial and push buttons: How to edit the Header section?
- Styling the Footer
Please check this guide for styling the footer area - including the logo, text, copyright, subscription form, social media icons, etc.: How to edit the Footer section?
Using a Text Logo
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
- Locate the Site Title item.
- Change it to what you like.
- Click the "Publish" button.
Using an Image as a Logo
1. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
2. Locate the "Custom Logo Picture" and upload your logo.
3. Click the "Publish" button.
WordPress automatically creates a menu of your pages for you, but the Custom Menu feature gives you complete control of what appears in the menu, where it appears and also the menu title. Many times the page title you want to use will take up a big part of the width of your header where the navigation menu appears. Custom menu allows you to shorten or change the name that appears in the navigation.
We use a Custom Menus feature in all our themes. If you haven't imported the demo content, you have to create one.
If you need detailed info on this topic please read this guide: Theme Navigation
How to add/edit page content
The Elementor Builder is integrated into the LaFeminite - Lifestyle Fashion Blog
In order to edit/build layouts, open any page in Dashboard > Pages > Edit with Elementor
Start Elementor Builder for a new page
When you create a new page, start Elementor Builder by clicking the blue button below:
Start Elementor Builder from the Toolbar:
Please check this guide for further information: Guide to Vamtam Elementor Builder
Setting up the Home Page
Any page you create can be set as a Homepage.
Please navigate to Appearance > Customize > Page Settings and select the static page. Now you can choose from the drop-down menu any of the existing pages as a Home Page.
Please note that even if you want to display a classic blog on the front page, you have to create a static blog page with the blog shortcode and then follow the steps above. You do not have to choose "Your latest post" or
set any page as a blog post page. These options will enable the standard WordPress blog styling.
Please check this guide for further information: How to set a page as a homepage?
Setting up Blog Listing Page and Blog Posts
Setting up Blog Listing Page
With the Posts Widget, you can display a list of any post types, including custom post types, in various layouts and ways. This practical widget can be used to display posts from a particular category or other taxonomy, recent posts, and more.
Setting up Blog Post
You can edit the post category, tags, featured image and excerpt in its backend:
Please check this guide for further information: Guide to Blog listing and Blog posts
Setting up the WooCommerce plugin
The theme is compatible with WooCommerce and includes full design integration as well as custom shortcodes.
If you don't need WooCommerce simply don't install it and all the features, codes and anything required for WooCommerce will not be loaded. Vice versa, if you need to set up WooCommerce just install it as you do with other plugins. Once installed and activated, the WooCommerce menu will be added to the WordPress main navigation menu on the left.
To help speed along with your request, we require that you follow the steps below before posting a ticket in the Help Desk
First, please take a moment to search this page and the other help guides, as the answer to your question is likely already in here. You can press CTRL+F in your browser and then search this entire page for keywords. Or, browse the topics in the navigation menu. It's the fastest way to get the answer you need!
If your question has not been brought up, then please open a ticket and always include:
Your live site URL that shows the issue
The version of the theme and version of WordPress you are using
Specific browser or device involved if applicable
Detailed information describing the issue
Possible screenshots of the issue
To speed the process up, you may include your WP & FTP login info.
Let Us All Be Civil and Happy People.
Posting a ticket in the Help Desk
Prior to contacting us please enter your Envato User Name, your Envato API Key and the purchase code in the Theme options panel - general settings - the tab "purchase". We need this information for verification and testing purposes. Please also provide the URL of your installation.
If you have difficulties finding the purchase data check out this guide: Envato Purchase data
if you have installed the theme on localhost, please provide the Item Purchase Code in addition to entering the purchase data in Appearance > VamTam Theme Setup
Contextual Help Documentation integrated into WordPress contextual help
This theme extends WordPress contextual help with many useful topics. If you get stuck using the theme, please check this source first. If the topic is not displayed in contextual help, you may also visit this User Manual.
To access contextual help simply hover over the "Help" balloon below the titles of each option.
VamTam provides theme related support via our Help Desk, knowledge-base & video tutorials.
Why not a Support Forum?
Simply put, so we can offer you superior support.
A forum works only when you have a large enough active community - thousands of people willing to participate on a daily basis. The smaller the community, the more likely you are to wait for a long time before someone answers your question. Unfortunately, even the top authors in Themeforest have only a few hundred active users on a daily basis and this is not enough to make the forum works
Why not the Themeforest Comment Board?
1. Help Desk functionality is lacking - assigning, escalating and prioritizing tickets is not possible.
2. It is difficult to track communication.
3. It is a public channel and you can't send sensitive information - FTP/admin credentials.
Our general support hours are Monday to Friday, 0 - 24h. During this time, we can generally provide feedback on any support queries within 6 - 14 hours, whilst we will also commit to answer any queries during weekends and holidays within 24-36 hours.
Extend of our Support
All of our items come with free support, and we have a dedicated support team to handle your requests.
We only cover support for our themes, and cannot give general WordPress support that isn't related to our themes. For general WordPress support, you will have to use the Video Guides for Beginners and www.WordPress.org/support
We are not able to provide support for code customizations or third-party plugins. We understand that there is a fine line between what is considered support & modifications. So whilst we will try to help you with any type of query (support or modification), we cannot provide extensive help in terms of modifications. Technical support will thus take priority over modification support.
Definition of Modification Support
If you are requesting modification help, which only requires us to publish a couple of lines of code, we will be glad to assist you. If however, your query requires more than that amount of code to be published, we can only provide guidance and you would then need to hire a developer if you don't have the skills to implement it yourself.
It is our commitment to fix all theme bugs as quickly as possible after they are brought to our attention. During our general support hours, we can fix bugs within 24 - 48 hours.